Can you help veterinarians switch on their phone?
Vacancy: Customer Service Assistant (office based) needed
eCow has a vacancy for a Customer Service Assistant. We are a dynamic business with a unique product improving cow health and bringing benefits to research scientists, nutritionists and veterinarians worldwide. Our team in Exeter builds and supports the product. We now need a Customer Service Assistant to support and increase sales of the farmBolus. Our core product is a wireless rumen pH monitoring bolus which meets an urgent need within the dairy industry to improve feed design and implementation.
We need a Customer Sevice Assistant to liaise with our customers to answer requests for information, write social media posts, newsletters and short articles. The post will be initially part-time but will expand with the company sales. Flexible working from home is an occasional option especially when dealing with customers in other time zones. A full training will be given in the product and you will work alongside the technical team who developed and make the product, and they will take over complicated questions. Most of the service requests are for new users learning how to switch on a smartPhone and plug in antenna. The post is based in our office in central Exeter with easy access to transport, shops and cafes.
Duties will include:-
- Explaining the product benefits to veterinarians and farmers via internet chats, newsletters and occasional product evenings and trade shows
- Maintaining and expanding mailing lists
- Following up enquiries
- Maintaining the CRM system
- Videoing and writing to create online user manuals
- Managing the eCow and Milkalyser websites
- Customer orientation in animal science, veterinary and dairy farming
- Confident presentation of basic technical information
- Ability to write quickly and precisely
- Experience of using editing tools such as WordPress
- Confidence and discretion on social media such as Twitter and Facebook
The pro-rata salary starts at £10.50 an hour and will be reviewed after a probationary period.