The eBolusDesigned for Research
The eBolus is a wireless telemetric device for measuring ruminal pH that provides the same great features as the farmBolus, but it is more flexible making it ideal for researchers. The eBolus also has some additional features tailored specifically to the market.
Additional benefits of the eBolus include:
- Redox measurement possible as well as the pH and temperature measurements
- The bolus can be re-calibrated as many times as necessary to lengthen life for as many uses as necessary
- Software is specifically designed for research allowing adjustment of parameters such as monitoring intervals for maximum flexibility
- Data is sent directly to a private database
- Auto-off function when bolus is outside of the animal for maximum shelf life
- Built in hook for ease of retrieval and storage
For more information see Rumen Monitoring with the eBolus.
- Bolus length: 135 mm
- Bolus diameter: 27 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- Specific gravity: 2.7
- Temperature accuracy: +/- 0.1 °C
- pH accuracy: +/- 0.1 pH
- Sampling rate: 96 data points per day
- Data storage: 2700 lines (4 weeks at 15 min samples)
- Up to 5 months of logging
- Frequency: 434 MHz
Typically boluses are sold in multiples of 6 utilising eCow’s innovative packaging method that provides protection for boluses through transit and storage.
eCow is constantly looking to progress the design and functionality of the bolus and we’re working now on adding new sensors to the bolus for research use such as ammonia and nitrate measurement. Please get in touch if you have a special design need which we might be able to cater for.
The eBolus is mentioned in the following report from the University of Copenhagen: Danscher and Plaizier 2013 SARA and nutritional management and a recent study from the Slovak University of Agriculture demonstrates the data you can collect: Continual monitoring of reticuloruminal pH.